Here it is 4:51am, and I am awake, already dreading going to work. I’ve been thinking a lot about my job and I am pretty sure I am in a toxic relationship with it lol. The more I think about it the more my job resembles a toxic relationship.
- I’m constantly fighting against it for some sort of logic
- It makes up all these convoluted rules that only apply to me
- I never feel good enough when I am with it
- It demands that I lie to people about the shitty choices it makes
- I keep going back thinking it will change
- It sucks the life out of me and leaves me feeling exhausted
Lol, when I had this epiphany the other day I was like oh my lord. I couldn’t believe the similarities and I’ve never even been in actual toxic relationship.
I know that work is called work because it isn’t supposed to be “fun”, but I still think there is hope to find a job that doesn’t leave you devoid of all things good. I know it is out there, somewhere, over the rainbow 🌈maybe? Lol.
…side note, for anyone that knows me, I am NOT a morning person. Like at all. In any way. Non functional in the a.m. Jones right here. So, I’m having a moment of pride in the fact that this post seems relatively coherent. Good job me! 🌞